Widely celebrated on March 17 each year — and set to land on a Friday in 2023 — St. Patrick’s Day sees revelers worldwide honor the beloved patron saint of Ireland with parties, parades and more. Among a long list of other fun traditions practiced on the high-spirits holiday, celebrants far and wide can be found wearing green attire, eating traditional Irish dishes, sporting shamrocks and, for many, raising a toast or two.
St. Patrick’s Day spent in Pawleys Island promises to be a tranquil time, given the famous Hammock Coast state of mind. Gather with friends at a local establishment for conversation and laughs into the evening. The more rollicking brand of celebration is in Myrtle Beach — and it’s a short drive from peaceful Pawleys Island.
For those looking for a prime place to celebrate St. Patty’s, the Grand Strand offers plenty of options for getting your green on — and soaking in the area’s coastal beauty and ample attractions while you’re at it.
Consider these highlights from among the many ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day that can be found on the Myrtle Beach area events calendar:
Presented in partnership with New South Brewery and held throughout the day on Friday, March 17, this party at Broadway at the Beach’s The Hangout Restaurant promises to be fun for all ages. Activities on tap are set to include live music, green beer, a green foam party, a confetti drop and more. Visit the Broadway at the Beach Calendar of Events to learn more.
Not strictly a St. Patrick’s Day party but a great way to keep the fun going with the kids, this Broadway at the Beach affair set for noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 18, will feature strolling entertainment, fun activities, character appearances and more. Visit the Broadway at the Beach Calendar of Events to learn more.
There will also be plenty of places a short drive away in Myrtle Beach for the grown-ups to raise a glass and have some fun celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at a party. Among the area highlights:
– Tin Roof, Myrtle Beach: St. Pat’s Party on the Boulevard, Friday, March 17, 6 p.m. to close (features live music starting at 6 p.m. from The Mysfits, Rob Riser and DJ VZZN)
– Finn McCools, Myrtle Beach: Full week of celebrations (features live Irish music from international musician Victor Cunneen)
– Tavern in the Forest, Myrtle Beach: St. Patrick’s Day Festival in the Forest, Saturday, March 19, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (features food and drink specials, live entertainment, and kids’ activities)
– Ole Shillelagh Sports & Raw Bar, Myrtle Beach: St. Patrick’s Day Party, Friday, March 17, 11 a.m. to TBD (features traditional Irish entrées and entertainment by Smoke & Mirrors starting at 7:30 p.m.)
– Neal & Pam’s Bar & Grill, Surfside Beach: St. Patrick’s Day Irish Dinner featuring corned beef and traditional sides, Friday, March 17, 1 to 4 p.m.
– Bar Louie, Myrtle Beach: St. Patrick’s Day Party, all week long (features specials all week, plus live music on St. Patrick’s Day)
– O’ Keefe’s Irish Pub, Murrells Inlet: St. Patty’s Block Party, Friday, March 17 (features Kegs & Eggs starting at 9 a.m., bagpipes at 12:30 and 2 p.m., and live music by Rincon at 3:30 p.m. and Paul Woods at 7 p.m.)
– Brass Tap, Myrtle Beach: St. Patrick’s Day Party, Friday, March 17 (features live music from City Lights starting at 7:30 p.m.)