While most of our properties adhere to a strict “No Pets” policy, a select number of our vacation rentals welcome dogs and are advertised as “Dog Friendly.” However, for your own comfort and for the comfort and safety of our homeowners and other guests, there are certain restrictions that must apply.
- Dog friendly properties will accept dogs at least one (1) year old, with a maximum of two (2) dogs per property. “Visiting” dogs are not allowed.
- A $250 non-refundable fee will be added to each reservation in a dog-friendly property.
- This fee includes the additional services necessary to ensure the comfort of our guests, and will even cover house training “accidents” provided they are reported to us as soon as possible.
- This fee does not cover damage to the property or grounds resulting from a dog, including but not limited to chewing, scratching, digging and unreported house training accidents.
- Guests will be required to sign a waiver indicating that they understand and assume responsibility for any such damage, and a credit card must be kept on file to cover any such expenses. Damage attributed to a dog is not covered under our regular Damage Waiver.
- Failure to follow these regulations will result in eviction without refund, as will the presence of a dog in any home not designated as Dog Friendly.
All local laws and regulations must be followed, and may vary depending on the location of your property. A partial list of those regulations most pertinent to our properties is as follows:
- All pets must be leashed at all times in all jurisdictions.
- Pet waste must be collected and properly disposed in all jurisdictions.
- In Surfside Beach, dogs are not permitted on the public beach during the period between May 15 and September 15.
- In Garden City Beach (Horry County,) dogs are not allowed on the beach between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM from May 1 through Labor Day.
- In Garden City Beach (Georgetown County,) dogs must be leashed between 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. Dogs that are not leashed during other hours must be under voice control and owners must be able to demonstrate voice control to a law enforcement officer if asked.
Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us.
- Please clean up after your dog, both in public areas and in the yard of your rental property.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties. Many of our homes are located near residential neighborhoods, and we must respect the comfort and privacy of those residents.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture or beds unless covered by a sheet or blanket that you provide. It is also helpful to bring something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your dog will be comfortable sleeping.
- Please groom your dog, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next renter in your property may not have a dog.
- Please don’t leave your dog unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave.
- Please do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help us ensure a speedy check-in for all our guests.
- Please do not allow dogs in swimming pools or hot tubs.
- Please ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.