Does a Guy’s Golf Trip Sound Like What You Need?

Urges to hit the links in the Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island areas tend to flood a guy’s thoughts this time of year.

Which means it’s time to do something about it. You might not be able to get a proper round where you live, but you know where you can? Right here in Litchfield! You’ll be close to so many golf courses in Litchfield and Myrtle Beach too.

From where to stay to where to play to how to spend your non-play days, we’ve got all the details you need here.

ACCOMMODATIONS

  • Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort

Have you had difficulty finding that property you want to return to every year? You’ve never been to Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort.

Fun forecast: 100% chance of relaxation. Secure a room or two for your foursome close to championship golf and top-notch dining.

PRO TIP: Start your morning with a trip to Starbucks onsite. The resort also offers golf packages, and you can set your tee time with the staff.

AREA COURSES

Myrtle Beach is a golfing mecca. The South Strand is close to many notable courses, including these three gems.

  • Founders Club

The former Sea Gull Golf Club, Founders Club is an exhibition of Lowcountry beauty. No. 14 will evoke thoughts of Pinehurst.

  • Litchfield Country Club

Pawleys Island’s first course will cast a spell on you from the tee box on No. 1. Skill trumps power at Litchfield Country Club, a scenic and technical course.

  • River Club

This Tom Jackson signature course isn’t a tough sell to include in your plans. River Club poses innumerable challenges to keep your golf wits sharp.

Fun forecast: 93% chance of the golf of your life. That 7% lies in your ability to think and play within yourself early in your season.

PRO TIP: Also try Pawley’s Plantation Golf & Country Club. It’s one of Jack Nicklaus’ most revered designs and part of the Waccamaw Golf Trail.

Hole 13
Litchfield Country Club
River Club Fairways 01 Aerial
River Club

OFF THE COURSE

If you’re a frequent golfer here, chances are you’re a fan of off-course fun in the area. Here are suggestions for restaurants and an excursion of another sort to take!

Restaurants

No matter how you hit them on the course, your outlook for a memorable meal is promising. Here are some favorites.

  • Kudzu Bakery: Pick up delicious baked goods and bread at this wonderful Georgetown spot. Bring entrees and all the fixings back to your condo for a home-cooked dinner, too.
  • Rollin Local: Please satisfy your Asian cuisine cravings. From hibachi plates to hand-rolled sushi, it’s time to test your chopstick skills.

FUN FORECAST: 99%. Pawleys Island has a wealth of delicious eateries. It’s a chipshot of a chance you’ll find something you’ll love on your plate.

PRO TIP: Visit The Hammocks Shops Village, and eat breakfast at bisQit. It’s impossible to have a terrible day if you start with one of their biscuits!

Take a Fishing Guided Trip

If you have the courage to confront a double-dogleg on a Jack Nicklaus course, you could take on a tarpon! Carolina Guide Service has an excursion for every type of angler who wants to cast a line.

FUN FORECAST: 97%. In case they’re not biting. But when you’re aboard their 19-foot Bay Scout or 16-foot Action Crafts Flat Boat, how can you lose? It’s always a unique experience with Capt Jordan Pate.

PRO TIP: Bring a hat, non-slip shoes, and sunglasses. Dress for the weather. Explore bays, creeks, inlets, and nearshore reefs on your excursions.

Bridgewater - 1 Bedroom King Suite

Find a Home Base for the Weekend at Litchfield Beach and Golf

Morning to night, there’s always something fun to do in Litchfield. And it’s also the perfect place to relax and do nothing at all. Make the guys’ getaway to Litchfield Beach and Golf your new tradition.

Bridgewater indoor pool
Enter for your chance to win a yearly 7 night vacation for life at any Brittain Resorts & Hotels property. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to create yearly memories that will last a lifetime!

"*" indicates required fields

Rev Opt
Hidden
V4L Opt In Check
Hidden
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.