Ripken Experience Announces Celebrity Appearances
The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach to Maximize 2016 Youth Tournament Experience with Celebrity Appearances and Facility Enhancements
Baseball Hall of Famers Cal Ripken Jr., Andre Dawson, Fergie Jenkins and more to serve as Tournament Ambassadors in 2016; Olympic Gold Medalist Jennie Finch to attend Ripken Softball Tournaments.
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Extra Bases LLC, owner and operator of The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach youth baseball and softball complex, today announced its celebrity ambassador series lineup for the 2016 tournament season. Legendary ambassadors include National Baseball Hall of Famers Cal Ripken Jr., Andre Dawson and Fergie Jenkins, as well as USA Olympic Gold Medalist Jennie Finch, who will headline two-weeks of girl's fast-pitch softball tournaments at the facility. The complex is also set to complete a number of facility improvements during the offseason, providing teams and spectators with the most memorable tournament experience.
"With 2016 being our 10th anniversary here in Myrtle Beach, we want to go above and beyond expectations and not only give the kids, coaches and families a big league playing experience, but also to give them a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet some of the games greats," said Bobby Holland, The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach General Manager. "We are also thrilled to continue to reinvest in the complex constantly working to improve the amenities while preparing for new and exciting programming such as our Jennie Finch tournament series."
The 2016 Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach tournament ambassador series will offer week-long participants the opportunity to meet former Major Leaguers and hear stories and life lessons based on their professional experiences. Big league notables slated to make an appearance include:
- June 12: High Tide Tournament - TIM HUDSON, World Series champion, 4x All-Star, 200+ game winner
- June 19: Summer Slam Tournament* - CAL RIPKEN, JR., Hall of Famer, 19x All-Star, 2x MVP
- June 26: Beach Blast Tournament - PHIL NIEKRO, Hall of Famer, 5x All-Star, 300-game winner
- July 3: Tidal Wave Tournament - ANDRE DAWSON, Hall of Famer, 8x All-Star, NL MVP & Rookie of the Year
- July 10: Surf's Up Tournament - BRETT SABERHAGEN, World Series MVP, 2x Cy Young Award winner
- July 17: Big Kahuna Tournament - FERGIE JENKINS, Hall of Famer, Cy Young Award winner, 2x All-Star
- July 24: Ocean Breeze Tournament* - REGGIE SANDERS, World Series Champion, MLB All-Star
- July 31: Wave Rider Tournament - BOBBY RICHARDSON, 3x World Series Champion and MVP, 8x All-Star
- August 7: Hang Ten Tournament - TOMMY JOHN, 4x All-Star, Known for revolutionary "Tommy John" surgery
The Summer Slam (June 19) and Ocean Breeze (July 24) tournaments will also feature former University of Arizona and Team USA fast-pitch softball legend Jennie Finch. The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach will also run two weeks of week-long girl's fast-pitch softball tournaments in conjunction with its regularly scheduled and highly popular baseball tournaments during the 2016 season.
In preparation for the 2016 season, The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach will feature a variety of facility upgrades including new synthetic turf on all five youth baseball and softball fields, as well as concrete pads installation behind each field to give visitors optimal seating options while enjoying their tournament experience. Additionally, the facility will "go green" as it installs a number of mature new trees to provide shade for visitors during the warm summer months.
Week-long baseball tournaments are available now. For more information, please visit www.ripkenbaseball.com or call 1-888-RIPKEN-1. All players and coaches who purchase a week-long tournament package at the complex will receive an exclusive unlimited All Access Pass with unlimited entertainment at some of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions.
About Extra Bases LLC
Extra Bases LLC owns and operates of The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach, a world-class amateur baseball complex located in South Carolina. Featuring four regulation-sized diamonds and five youth fields, they are designed to mimic historic major league ballparks such as Ebbets Field and Shibe Park. The facility hosts amateur baseball and softball tournaments, camps, clinics, and a variety of other special events. Named by Yahoo! as the second most searched travel location in the United States, Myrtle Beach is considered a premier family vacation destination with entertainment options for all ages.
About Ripken Baseball
The mission of Ripken Baseball is to inspire athletes through remarkable experiences. Ripken Baseball currently owns and operates multiple Minor League Baseball teams and plays host to numerous youth tournaments, camps and clinics at The Ripken Experience Aberdeen powered by Under Armour baseball complex in Maryland, The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach in South Carolina, and The Ripken Experience Pigeon Forge in Tennessee which is set to open in Spring 2016.
- 1 Bedroom Winter Getaway
- Book Early - 45% Off Summer Value Weeks
- Book Early - 30% Off Summer
- Free Spring Nights
- 40% OFF February Sale - Pawleys Plantation and True Blue
- March Midweek Super Saver - Save up to 40%
- Spring Break Sale 35% OFF + 2 Free Breakfast Daily
- Coastal Dish Bed & Breakfast Save up to 30%
- 25% OFF Best Available Rate
- AAA/AARP Discount
- * All Packages & Specials