3 Day-Trip Ideas for Your Litchfield Vacation
Courtney Martin | 20 Apr 2017
Looking to get the most out of your South Carolina vacation? Spend some time exploring one of these cities for an epic day-trip excursion!
- Head south down Highway 17 for roughly 2 hours, and you'll be in one of the southeastern United States' most historic cities. There are tons of sights to see and places to visit in Charleston, and you can accomplish a lot there in a quick day trip. Suggestions for a day in Charleston include food, history, and breathtaking sights. Start off by parking downtown and walking to the waterfront area. There you'll find an impressive boardwalk area that takes you out into Charleston Harbor. On good-weather days, it's not unusual to see dozens of sailboats scattered over the water. Dolphins frequently visit this harbor as well, so keep a look out for these majestic sea mammals! Dine at nearby Fleet Landing for delicious seafood and lowcountry favorites. Next, head over to King Street for some shopping or to the Battery for historic home sightseeing. On your way out, enjoy the magnificent view from the top of the Ravenel Bridge. You'll have a wonderful adventure on your day-trip to Charleston!
- The South Carolina state capital is just under three hours away from Pawleys Island, making it another great option for a day-trip during your beach vacation rental experience. Visit the exciting Riverbanks Zoo, featuring over 2,000 animals and 170 acres of zoo, aquarium, and botanical exhibits. Continue enjoying the beauty of nature when you stop by Congaree National Park, the only national park located in South Carolina. Get a glimpse of centuries-old Cypress trees, as you hike along the many trails that meander throughout this scenic park. There's no shortage of historic sites, so make your time there educational and stop by the South Carolina State Museum. Visit the downtown district to take in the sights and sounds of the University of South Carolina and the many boutiques scattered throughout.
- While Murrells Inlet is known as the Seafood Capital of South Carolina, its counterpart in the North offers up its own style of oceanic delicacies named after the city itself! Travel up to Calabash, North Carolina, a charming seaside town just over the border, where you can spend the day exploring the shops and sampling some of the best food along the coast! Just an hour away from Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort, Calabash makes for a perfect day-trip during your vacation. Try out Beck's Seafood in the heart of the city, where the hushpuppies are to die for. After dinner, walk across the street to St. Nick Nacks, a sprawling warehouse of a store that features dozens of meticulously-decorated Christmas trees. The store also has countless souvenirs to help you remember stopping by! Check out Calabash, one of North Carolina's most delightful seaside towns.
Packages & Specials
- Book Early - 45% Off Summer Value Weeks
- Book Early - 30% Off Summer
- Free Spring Nights
- 40% OFF February Sale - Pawleys Plantation and True Blue
- 1 Bedroom Winter Getaway
- March Midweek Super Saver - Save up to 40%
- Spring Break Sale 35% OFF + 2 Free Breakfast Daily
- Coastal Dish Bed & Breakfast Save up to 30%
- 25% OFF Best Available Rate
- AAA/AARP Discount
- * All Packages & Specials
News & Blog
Keep up to date with everything that is going on in the Grande Strand. Our blog covers a varity of topics, everything from restaurants to local events.
Groups & Events
Our goal at Litchfield Vacations is to help you to create the event of a lifetime. We provide locations, food, and spirits for all types of events.
Your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event that deserves personal attention and care to make sure this special day goes exactly as planned.
Customer service is very important to us here at Litchfield Vacations. Please feel free to contact our staff about anything you have questions about.