In real estate, it’s the big question.
Rent or buy?
When talking South Strand vacations, there is no question.
Rent, rent, rent.
Whether it’s too big and bulky to bring from home or so out-of-this-world wild that you’d never own it in the first place, vacation rental accessories can elevate your trip to a convenient and affordable “Best Ever” status.
What are the best items to rent when you’re staying at Litchfield Beach & Golf? Our takes.
1) Kayak: Ever tried to gate-check a kayak? Yeah, us neither. Even if you have one of your own, leave it at home and rent one when you arrive. Most local outlets offer day rates and prices include paddles and a life vests. Kayaking is one of those fantastic activities that is equally fun for beginners or experts, as well as being a great workout. We recommend hitting the placid inlet waters for an outing that is both relaxing and educational —fascinating sea creatures abound. The good spots, like this one, will also clean, deliver and pick-up your rentals for no additional fee.
2) Golf cart: We recognize that a golf cart is basically just a really small car, but why is it that driving one is exponentially more fun? See for yourself and rent one. These definitely come in handy if you’re staying at one of the Litchfield Beach & Golf villas, cottages or houses, as chances are, you’re with a decently sized group. This is quick, exciting way to zip from point A to B with gear, small kids or seniors in tow. This spot offers 4- or 6-seaters and will deliver and pick up in Litchfield. Be sure to familiarize yourself with local rules, though before heading out.
3) Corn hole: You read that correctly. They say baseball is the sport of summer, but we in the South Strand beg to differ. If you’re familiar with corn hole, skip the next sentence. If you’re not, it’s essentially Bozo Buckets but infinitely more fun and the perfect way to cap off a day or get a little game in on the beach. Weekly rentals here are quite reasonable, and the equally fun ladder ball game (also known by another moniker we can’t print) is also a great option. They’ve got bocce and horseshoe, too, and offer same-day delivery service (fees apply).
4) Bicycle: Even if you never intend to leave the Litchfield Beach & Golf vicinity, having a bike is golden. Pedal through the winding resort trails or hit the beach before 10 a.m. or after 5 p.m. for a leisurely (and legal) cruise across the packed sand. We like getting beach cruisers, which are comfortable and uncomplicated and available in different time increments here (also note the rental fee includes helmet and lock). For even more vacation novelty, consider renting a tandem or trailing bike for you and your partner (or child). This is not only fun, but it can be more economical and easier to store than two bikes.
5) Stand-up Paddle Board: Clear tomorrow’s schedule, because you may need to rest those abs. Paddle boarding has become huge the last few years because it’s both relatively easy and athletically challenging. Sound contradictory? Well, if you can stand, you can be on a paddle board. And if you can paddle, well, there’s your workout. Newbies might want to keep it easy and stay on the inlet, while more experienced folks can take to the seas. This awesome place offers free delivery and can even throw you a lesson (price extra) with one of their experienced, helpful and friendly staffers. Weekly or daily rentals available, catered to your experience level and intent.
Be sure to ask your Litchfield front desk associate about access and storage for any weekly rentals and they will be happy to assist you.
What’s your favorite item to rent while on vacation in Pawleys Island and the South Strand?