Check out some awesome barc parks in the Myrtle Beach area
Barc Parks in the Myrtle Beach Area
Myrtle Beach has two off-leash dog parks where owners may let their pets run and play. Both parks are fully fenced and offer separate areas for large and small dogs.
(See the Barc Parc rules, below.)
Dogs must meet height requirements, which are posted on the entrance gates. Rules for behavior also are posted, and owners are responsible for picking up after their pets and properly disposing of the waste. Handy picker-uppers are provided.
Barc Parc South, the original leash-free play space for pooches, is off Mallard Lake Drive near Grand Park and The Market Common. The park covers 14 acres and includes a large lake. Barc Parc North is adjacent to the Claire Chapin Epps Family YMCA on 62nd Avenue North Extension. It covers 3.3 acres and opened in the fall of 2009.
BARC PARC RULES
• PARK IS OPEN FROM SUN UP TO SUN DOWN.
• DOG OWNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEAN UP OF DOG FECES.
• DOG OWNERS MUST BE IN PARK AND WITHIN VIEW OF THEIR DOG AT ALL TIMES.
• DOGS MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE PARK AT THE FIRST SIGN OF AGGRESSION.
• DOG OWNER MUST HAVE LEASH IN HAND AT ALL TIMES.
• DOGS MUST BE LEASHED OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARIES OF THE PARK.
• BITCHES IN HEAT ARE PROHIBITED FROM ENTERING THE PARK.
• AGGRESSIVE DOGS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE PREMISES.
• POLICE AND ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS CAN TICKET ALL DOG OWNERS WHO FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RULES.
• THIS PARK ACCOMMODATES UNLEASHED ANIMALS. BY ENTRY, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF INJURY TO YOURSELF, ANY ADULT GUEST, AND ANY PERSON OR THING OVER WHICH YOU EXERCISE CARE.
• ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
For more information about these facilities or other city parks, contact the Cultural and Leisure Services Department at 843-918-1188.
No related articles were found.